This week's theme at Stampin' Royalty is TREES!
There are so many fun things you could do for this week's theme!
I love all things wood grain, so I was excited to to play with my faves.
And WHOOO lives in the TREES??? Owls, which is another one if my loves.
I happen to have the coolest, most unique Owl stamp set. I call this stamp set Hanny Hoot. I got to name it because I am the one who carved it! Did you know that Stampin' Up! carries a kit to carve your own stamps!!! It's sounds so scary but it is really fun!
Here is my creation with all my loves for this week's challenge, TREES.
The two owls, the branch and the flowers are all from the set I carved. But the best part of this card is when you open it up!
It's a 3D Tree! I saw something like this a while ago online and then could never find it again. So, I played around and made a 3D tree of my own.
It's REALLY easy, here are the step by step directions and photos too on how you can make your own 3D tree for the inside of a card.
1. Score a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of card stock at 1", 2" and 3".
2. Using the small heart framelit from the Hearts A Flutter Collection (or any heart die you happen to have or circle for that matter) cut an opening by centering the heart over the center score line in the paper.
4. Adhere the left side of the panel to the left side of the card (on the inside). Line up the edge of the panel with the fold line of the card, so that you have an 1/8" of an inch at the top and the bottom of the panel.
5. Fold the tree panel in half and shut the card, adhering the second side to the other side of the card.
Insert this inside the "tree", covering up the seam. You wan to give them something to look at inside the tree. You could do a plain paper heart and write on it too!
Ta da! Embellish the inside of your card. Here's mine...
I used the Alphabet Rotary Stamp for my sentiment, fun stamp!
Here are all the fun things I used to make this card...
* New Photopolymer stamp set just released, Lovely Amazing You.
*3 month Pre-Paid Subscription of Paper Pumpkin is on SALE!
*Shop all the products from the NEW Occasions Catalog.