SSINK challenge today: Thoughtful Branches. We are sharing our creations with the Thoughtful Branches bundle. This bundle is being offered for a by Stampin' Up! for a limited time August 2 - 31st! So, you still have time to get this bundle if you love it!
I am sharing a card that not only has a window in it, that window is a SHAKER!!! I call it a Window Shaker Card, brilliant, I know. And I am pretty sure I did not invent this! In fact as I was dreaming up this creation, I came upon another demonstrator's creation of a window card where she used the Project Life Cards and Labels framelits to die cut the window in her card. That was perfect thing for my card, die cutting the opening makes windows and shakers so much easier! I also used a die for my Window Slider card to make that card easier to create. So, big THANK YOU to Patty Bennett for the idea, it really made my idea come together!
So, here is how the layers go in my Window Shaker Card.
- Card stock cut to 5-1/4" x 4", with an opening die cut using the 4" x 3" die from the Project Life Cards and Labels framelits.
- Back this with a window sheet that is about 5" x 3-3/4".
- Card base is 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2", die cut an opening out of the front of the card with the 4" x 3" die ( I die cut my card and card front at the same time, so they would be lined up exactly).
- Back the opening in the card with a second piece of window sheet that is the same size as the first.
- Add the grass, which was a 1" x 3" strip of Pear Pizzazz, I stamped the grass with Old Olive ink then rounded the two bottom corners and fussy cut the top of the strip to follow the grass. Then add the tree.
- Put the shaker elements on top of the window sheet of the card; I used DIY Silica Beads and some die cut pieces.
- Use dimensional strip around the opening, then adhere the top piece. Now you have a Window Shaker Card.
- I also used a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Soft Sky card stock to line the inside of my card.
You can also see how the front of the card is a window and a shaker.
You can see the entire Thoughtful Branches Bundle HERE.
You should also check out the other Thoughtful Branches creations at SSINK.
Thank you for stopping by my blog, creating and sharing, it's what I love to do!