Hello my stampin' friends!
I have been working on a big project the last few weeks with my dear friend Tami. Tami and I met on the school bus on the way to an off campus class in high school, so you might say we have know each other for a while! I adore her! She was with me for the birth of both my babies, telling me; "You can do this!". So when she asked me if I could help her make her wedding bouquets out of paper flowers I was thrilled!
They are made from Kusudama flowers, see my tutorial here. We made 3 bridesmaids bouquets, a larger bouquet for the bride, 3 boutonnières and 1 corsage. I feel we made near 150 flowers, we lost count at some point. And when I say we I mean Tami, myself, her fiancé and their two girls. Tami and Scott did most of the flower folding, they can bust these out in their sleep I am sure! Check out our creations....
This picture shows the bridesmaids bouquets from above.
These use about 25 flowers. Each flower has a floral wire stem. We put the flowers into a styrofoam ball that has a dowel glued into the bottom. We found that wood glue worked best for any styrofoam glueing.
This is the brides bouquet from above. You can see here we used different sizes of flowers. The green in the center is made with paper that is 4" x 4", all but the black flowers were made with paper that is 3" x 3" and the black flowers are 2" x 2". The largest flowers were made with Stampin' Up!'s new Envelope Paper and is the Mint Macaron color. This paper is the perfect weight for these origami flowers! I suggest using 3" squares and smaller for the bouquets. We ended up not using all of our 4" flowers, as they stuck up too high.
Once the flowers are inserted into the styrofoam ball we did hot glue some of the petals together to close up some of the gaps. This also helps hold them in place. These bouquet have to travel to the Oregon coast, so the glueing really helped make them stronger.
This is what the boutonnières look like.
We used two 2" flowers and one 3" flower. We loved the addition of the little sprig.
The corsage has a total of 5 flowers.
We are breathing a sign of relief that we got these done. It was a lot of work and turned into a bigger project than we planned, but we got a lot of quality friend time out of it. And were thrilled with how it all turned out.
Can't wait for the wedding on the 13th! I am headed out of town on Saturday, destination the BEACH! Eeeeeee!
If you have any questions on how to make these please let me know!